"Discover a stain that thinks it’s a gloss"
That’s the tagline that lured me in so I was curious to see how true that statement really is (bravo marketing department).
My lips are dry so I’m constantly reapplying my lip products whether lipstick or lip conditioner, but of course (as all women want) I don’t want to have to reapply. I want something that’s going to last and be comfortable on my lips.
- The applicator seemed a bit strange to me at first, as it is shaped like a flattened oval, but I found it was quite easy to get a defined edge and an even application of color.
- Even though there is some transparency to the product, the color was more pigmented than I expected for a lip stain.
- It was very comfortable to wear; my lips didn’t ever feel like they were dry.
I tested this on 2 specific occasions where I knew I would be eating, drinking and speaking. Overall I was pleased with how the product wore.
- The color barely transferred to my glass so I didn’t have to worry about those little upward facing lines that lipstick on a glass or cup can leave on the sides of your top lip.
- Both times this product lasted for 4-5 hours (see proof below). Of course it wasn’t as fresh at the end of the night as it was at the beginning, but it had faded evenly so it was nice to know I still had color on my lips.
There were only a couple of downsides to this product:
- The pigment intensity – I chose as darker color and was happy with the intensity it gave, but a lighter color at the same pigment intensity may look a little flat and fake on certain skin tones.
- Reapplication – I found once this product had been on my lips, even for a few minutes, it seemed to “set”. Once it was set, touching up a spot or reapplying a second layer just made it feel thick, slightly tight and a bit uncomfortable.
Overall I liked this product. It’s definitely one I’ll keep in my purse when I need a quick color on my lips that I know will last.
I'd love to hear your reviews if you've tried this product!